For over 35 years, we’ve been making history. Now, we’re creating thefuture.
Techs on the beach
On April 14, 1981, in Honolulu, Hawaii, William “Bill” Melton incorporated a new tech company. The initial intention was to provide a recourse for retailers who’d been swindled by people handing out bad checks. Bill's product was a kind of verification device using phone lines—a verification phone.
But then a pivot. The credit card industry was relatively new at the time and processing was still being done with carbon paper. Bill saw a way to reduce costs for companies like Visa and MasterCard, while capitalizing on this new technology. Instead of verifying checks, we would provide local businesses a means to electronically process credit card payments. And thus, the Verifone payment device was born.
Now, Verifone is one of the world’s largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 6,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and satisfied relationship with clients and customers by providing product and service troubleshooting while educating about the features and benefits of their purchase/subscription.
- Specialist makes use knowledge bases and proprietary troubleshooting techniques to resolve a customer’s technical issue in a timely and cost-effective manner that doesn’t entail product/part replacement or service cancellation.
- Works as part of Customer Support and Information Technology division, working directly as part of the resolutions and subject matter experts group.
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships through Technical Support for existing and potential customers who have questions and concerns about a product or service.
Key responsibilities of the agents are:
- Answers customers calls to assist with product or application related inquiries
- Assists customers with installation or training related inquiries
- Follows documentation and training materials to diagnosis and resolve customers calls
- Enters all call activity into online Help Desk database
- Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment
- May assist in training of new or existing Technical Support Representatives as directed by a lead or supervisor
- Researches or handles involved or complex calls as directed
- Serves as customer contact on technical and service related problems
- Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures, using established procedures
- Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations; coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner
- May schedule field service repair calls
- Candidate must possess at least a Vocational Diploma / Short Course Certificate, Bachelor's/College Degree , any field.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Must have basic knowledge in desktop and application support troubleshooting
- No technical experience is required but must show and/or possess technical affinity
- Must possess above average spoken and written English communication skills